Conditions of participation
- This event or series of events is affiliated to the CSA & SAMTB. With ultimate regulations enforced from the UCI.
- Participants must be in good shape to participate in any of the events organised by ADVENDURANCE. Minimum age to enter to the race is 15 years for the Half- Marathon, 19 years for the Marathon.
- Age is determined 31st December in the year of the event.
- Participants who decided not to continue the race must inform the organisers by contacting one of the names mentioned below.
- Failure to inform the race directors may cause a search and rescue action. If during the event you need to withdraw from the race you must contact one of the following immediately:
- Inform one of paramedics’ personnel.
- Inform one of ADVENDURANCE personnel at one of the checkpoints.
- Inform the “start” or “finishing” official (on motorcycle).
- Call our emergency number on race documentation.
- ADVENDURANCE will not be responsible if you drop out and inform another participant. In the case that you drop out during the race, you will be responsible for your own transfer and bike belongings to the finish area, where possible a sweep vehicle will help stranded riders.
Rules and Safety
- Slower participants must make way for faster racers.
- Riders must take caution when the route is not clear or coming to and intersection or roadway.
- Riders should be prepared to brake during steep down hills.
- Riders must obey all traffic rules.
- Bike repairs should be done in a visible area on the edge of the trail, road or path. NOT IN THE PATH
- In the case of a sprint to the finish, you must remain in your own lane.
- No outside seconding or assistance is permitted under any circumstances. Outside assistance includes assisting with bike maintenance, water and nutrition support and physically assisting riders.
These rules are provide for the participants safety and if disregarded may cause disqualification from the race. ADVENDURANCE has the right to disqualify any participant for the following reasons:
- Technical or equipment problem.
- Health problems of any participant.
- Disregarding any fair play rules.
- Un-sportsmanlike behaviour.
- ” Pushing” or “pulling” by the third party.
- Any disrespect to the environment or personnel.
- A rider not wearing a helmet at any stage of the race will be disqualified.
- All helmets must comply with international ‘ANSI’ standards.
- Appropriate riding attire, including a shirt, must be worn at all times.
- Smoking on route is not permitted.
- Riders must display their race numbers at all times.
- Bike numbers must be firmly fixed on the front of the bike, and may not be obscured by cables or any other item.
- Race numbers may not be modified or mutilated in any way, including cutting, adding stickers, removing existing stickers or trimming.
- Removing or obscuring any official sponsor logos or advertising may result in disqualification from the race.
- Race and category leaders are obliged to wear the leader jerseys supplied by ADVENDURANCE.
- There will be no reimbursement of costs to the participant in case of disqualification.
- Riders have to report to the start line at least 30min before the start of their race.
- Riders will be briefed 15min before the start. In case of batches riders will be briefed before the start of each batch.
- The start line will remain open for 15 minutes after the start “gun”.
- Timing will start with the start “gun”.
- Riders that do not reach designated cut-off points in time will be prevented from continuing to ride and will be swept from the course and classified as DNF (did not finish).
- Cut-off points can be enforced at any time if the organisers deem the situation as unsafe.
- Riders who started in a batch, which is higher than they one they should be riding in, will be disqualified.
- Riders may start in a group lower down, the responsibility lies with the rider to report this to the timing personnel.
- Riders are only eligible for overall prize podium from the first batch in a particular distance.
Nutrition & Water Points
- Riders retain the ultimate responsibility to carry enough water and nutrition with them.
- ADVENDURANCE will provide water at official water points on the route.
- Water point locations will be made available in race documentation.
- We will enforce littering, cutting trails and environmental abuse with stiff penalties. Every participant who is caught disregarding the environment will be fined with a two (2) hundred Rand penalty for the first offence and disqualification for the second offence.
- In the case of environmental concerns. ADVENDURANCE has the right to cancel, delay or reroute the race. Participants will not be reimbursed in an environmental situation that is out of ADVENDURANCE control. In the case of cancellation of a race leg, participants will be informed and free entry given to the next race.
- The organizers, sponsors, volunteers and event personnel are not responsible for any injury or damage that may occur during the event, or cancellations, delays or re-routing due to environmental concerns. Each participant will be required to sign a waiver upon registration declaring that they take full responsibility for, risk of injury, to themselves to their equipment and any lost or stolen items.
- We have a “no money refund” policy.
Basic Mountain Bike Racing Rules and Etiquette
- Riders must complete the entire distance of the race, and the responsibility for following the official route lies with the rider.
- A rider is not permitted to take any shortcuts or take other advantage of a similar nature against competitors.
- Riders, who exit the route of the course for any reason, must return to the course at the exact same point from which they exited.
- Any walking, running or riding by a rider, which is carried out without the intention of directly re-joining the course, or other activity in breach of the regulations, which takes place outside of the marked course area, can result in disqualification.
- A rider cannot receive any technical assistance along the course from anybody.
- Riders must respect the countryside and ride only on the official route.
Discretion of the Chief Commissaire
- Where any additional rule interpretation is required, or where specific provision for any incident has not been made in these rules, the decision of the chief commissaire will be final.
Completion in the Series
- Riders must use the same SAS number board throughout the series.
- Riders ID number must be correctly filled in on the online entry process to correctly validate the rider’s number board.
- Riders will earn points per event.
- Riders will earn points from a maximum of 4 out of the 6 events.
- Riders will only climb the series points ladder by earning higher points after completing more than 4 races at events.
- Higher points after 4 races will replace lower points. ie. Best 4 points from 6 races.
- Points are tallied per distance.